Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Changing Times

So, it has now been a year since I last wrote on this blog. A lot has changed for me during this year. There was a time when things were going smooth for me and everything was working out nicely, I had started having some good time again. But then as we say it’s always calm before a storm – I suffered from a huge personal loss. It seemed like the whole world has come down for me. Something like this was completely unexpected. It happened about 3 months ago and I’m still unable to get in terms with it. It’s really hard to describe how it feels like.

This one event has tremendously changed the equation for my life. In a matter of seconds, life which was going in a certain direction throws you back without any warning or intimidation. A lot of responsibility has suddenly come onto me and to be honest I am really very scared of messing things up. This trepidation is kind of killing me – uncertainty has never apprehended me to this extent.

It is commonly said that problems don’t come alone. Things are really getting tougher by the day. The rays of hope which come in seldom fade away too soon. Trying to be optimistic, I still want to believe that there might be light at the end of this tunnel.

There are a lot of lessons I’ve learnt during this time. There is an old adage that you get to know your true friends during bad times. Everyone, of us has heard this and believe me it’s not a very good feeling when this fact comes into play. During tough times, most people will part ways taking your friendship as a liability. Believe me no one, absolutely no one would be there standing beside you when you need them the most. Lesson to learn here is: do not expect “anything” from “anyone” – no matter who they are or how close you have been. This world is completely self-centered - period.

One thing is for sure – life moves on. Though, you can never predict where it will lead you to.

No comments: